We are here to show you the quick way to get those star ratings under the link to your posts on Google’s Search Result pages.
Ever wonder how some search results have Star Ratings under their links especially those talking about a product, place or service. Here’s how easy it is to get your own Stars for your review or blog post.
The process involves adding Rich Snippets markup. You can also add PageMap data, Meta Tags and Author Information all of which are seen mainly by the Search Engines. Together these are known as structured data of your page.
Show Star Rating on Google Search Result in 3 Easy Steps
- Install and activate plugin: All-in-One Schema.org Rich Snippets
- Edit and set the following in your post: Under ‘Configure Rich Snippet’ section, select from the drop down menu ‘Item Review’ then complete the following three fields; ‘Reviewer’s Name’, ‘Item to be reviewed’ and ‘Your Rating’ (by clicking on the Stars).
- Publish or Update your post
And that’s all you need to do.
Test Your Search Result Data
Now that you have entered the information, it’s time to put it to the test and see how it appears in Google search results.
- Go to rich snippets test tool
- Enter the URL and click Preview
You can choose to view rich snippets data as visible by a Custom Search Engine on this page by clicking on the tab to the right.
About the Plugin
This is another Rich Snippets plugin used here is free. The plugin also supports other schemas not applied here but worth looking into depending on the context of your post or article. These are Review, Event, People, Product, Recipe, Software Application,Video and Articles.
There are other paid plugins and plugins that let visitors vote and rate your article, but for simplicity and speed, we chose All-in-One Schema.org Rich Snippets.
And there you have it. Couldn’t be easier. We hope you find this article useful. Feel free to share this on.