Skip to content

Colour My Income is supported by our readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases and display ads. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more


  1. Melissa
    January 15, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

    I loved this post! Affirmations go far beyond just saying the words. Yes, as you pointed out, the emotions behind the affirmations are a huge component and you said it so beautifully!

    I also believe that working on the subconscious with our internal programming is important as well. If you are saying an affirmation with your conscious mind and that has control of say, 5% of the mind, that leaves the other 95% in the subconscious to have more muscle over that thought. It would depend on how strong that subconscious agrees or disagrees with the affirmations. Thankfully there are many tools, that can easily be used, for changing that subconscious belief 😉

    This topic is so dear to me! Thanks so much for sharing. I hope people will catch on, that this can all work wonderfully, if we just put the right momentum and emotion behind it.


    • Li-ling
      January 16, 2014 @ 3:09 pm

      Hello Melissa! Thanks so much for dropping by. What you say is so true about the conscious and sub-conscious mind and how one programs the other, and putting in the right momentum and emotion is truly where the challenge lies.


  2. Helen
    January 20, 2014 @ 9:06 pm

    My favourite affirmation of the moment came from a course I took with Helene Van Manen (she has a fab blog at ). It is “I have faith in the future I cannot see” and I’ve been saying it when I’m working hard but need a little more faith that it will all work out in the end. For me it’s a reminder rather than a way of re-programming myself. That’s to say it wouldn’t work if I hadn’t already done some work on releasing the blocks that were in my way.


  3. Li-ling
    January 21, 2014 @ 10:22 am

    Hi Helen, Great to see you here. It’s so very true that getting blocks out of the way, pave an open path for much good and abundance to flow in. Fantastic work on your part!


  4. 6 Things to Try When You Don’t Know What Else To Do | Be Happy HQ
    May 20, 2014 @ 9:35 am

    […] one takes practise, but much like affirmations, the more you repeat whatever it is that you want to believe, over time, you will convince yourself […]


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *