You know how we feel about list building, see Building a List vs Building a Community. Instead of just giving things away for free, e-books, reports, webinar recordings, cheat sheets, take the opportunity to engage your audience in a meaningful way and get tonnes of feedback and value in the process.
A Win-Win with a Quiz
While giving things away to build your list is a strategy that often works, it does not offer you much insight about the person who signs up other than he or she is potentially interested in your freebie offering. As your e-product, no matter how valuable or amazing it is (and we do believe it is!) joins the now never-ending list of free giveaways, that everyone has caught on to, there is a great likelihood that the document, media file or cheat sheet will be downloaded on to a hard drive, and left there to collect ‘digital dust’.
A more engaging (to your audience) and valuable (to you) option would be to create an interactive activity that simultaneously allows the audience to find out more about themselves, and you to learn more about their preferences – what better way to do this than with a meaningful online activity such as a quiz or survey?
It doesn’t have to be complicated or long, a short, simple and focused quiz is all you need to learn about your audience and what they are looking for.
A well designed quiz provides both you and your audience with useful feedback. The information can be used to build and improve your own products and at the same time help the audience.
If you already have a giveaway, think outside the box and see how you can turn it into a quiz instead. You can still give them the freebie at the end in exchange for information gathered from the quiz.
Typically, quizzes are designed to provide instant results to the audience as soon as they have completed it, be it on screen or email. These results must be of high value to your audience or they won’t stick to the quiz till the end.
You can also offer badges for completing your quiz as a clever way of showing the result. Your audience can then choose to share this on social media resulting in more eyes and traffic to your site which is always good for marketing.
So in keeping with the Building a Community idea, give the audience the quiz they need, the tool that will not only benefit them but you too. If you are not convinced, read on.
Benefits of Using a Quiz vs Giveaway
- More targeted audience; only visitors whom are truly interested will take your quiz to find out more.
- Giving even more value to your audience; visitors get meaningful feedback from taking your quiz.
- Get data from your audience; learn more about your visitors with completed quiz, you can think of it as feedback that will help you and your business.
- Engage your audience; we cannot stress enough the importance of engaging with your audience, the quiz is in essence an interactive tool to engage with your audience.
- Build your community; in other words, increase your email subscribers with those whom are truly interested in what you have to offer.
- Get more social shares; you can design your quiz to allow your audience to share their results with others on social media giving your site more eyes.
- Increase conversions; if you have something to sell at the end, the audience would have already seen the benefit of your product in the quiz and they are ready to take action.
- Branching and segmenting; quiz building tools lets you create quizzes that feed different subscriber list, so you can segment your audience and send them the information or product they truly want via your auto responder. More information below.
How to Build an Interactive Quiz
Okay, so you are convinced, but where do you start. It used to be that to design a quiz for your website, you needed to hire a web developer or designer and it would take a while before you saw the end result.
Not anymore, there are off the shelf tools that allow you to build an interactive quiz with useful options, models and templates.
These tools come with a user friendly and easy to use back-end that lets you design your quiz quickly and easily.
When ready, you can simply embed your quiz into the pages of your website with your own content above and below the quiz.
You will have your quiz up and running in no time.
Tools to Build Your Quiz Quickly & Easily
Viral Quiz Builder lets you take on the task of building your very own quiz, quickly and easily.
A key consideration when building a quiz is to make it relevant to your product or business. So focus your time on that instead of thinking about the technicalities.
With tools such as Viral Quiz Builder, you can build more than one quiz and put this on any page you wish. You can even include videos, images and other content along side your quiz.
But the best part of using these tools are the reporting and logging capabilities. You can gain so much more from the way your audience approach your quiz or quizzes.
Find out your audience’s preferences, opinions, characteristics and traits on any topic of your choosing presented in a friendly, graphical and digestible manner.
Using the Quiz as an Email Optin in a Clever Way
These quiz builders also have the option to link in to your Email Marketing Software to automatically get added to the relevant e-mail list. The option to create multiple lists based on the results of the quiz is something that is particularly powerful and useful to you.
It offers you a clear method of segmenting and contacting each of these audiences with specific messages, aligned to the information and knowledge that you have already gathered, based on their responses to your quiz.
If you found this article helpful, please do share it on using the social media links below. And if you know of someone in particular who would benefit from reading it, please do forward it on.
We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this or any of the articles on this site, do feel free to get in touch with us on the social media links below or directly on our contact page.